On Friday, January 20th, we will offer a full day of workshops with three tracks running simultaneously from 9:00 to 5:15. Here’s a tentative schedule, with many thanks to all our volunteer instructors for making this possible!
Beginner-friendly workshops offering an introduction to both physical and digital game design tools and concepts, with no programming experience assumed
- Session One: My First Board Game
- Session Two: Wargames and Conflict Simulations
- Session Three: Modding Civilization IV
- Session Four: Contextual Inquiry
- Session Five: Introduction to GameMaker
Introductions to digital game production tools that may assume some prior programming experience
- Session One: Introduction to Unity
- Session Two: Introduction to Inform 7
- Session Three: Introduction to Kinect
- Session Four: Flash Games with Flixel
- Session Five: Building HTML5 Games
Sessions focused on games in the classroom, for all levels of experience
- Session One: Writing and Games
- Session Two: Teaching with Video Games
- Session Three: Meaningful Puzzles
- Session Four: Build your own ARG Course
- Session Five: What’s your Game Plan?
Scheduling of sessions subject to change based on workshop instructors’ travel plans–read more about all our workshops and instructors on our BootCamp page!